Square-Enix has opened its 2011 Tokyo Game Show page, and with it announced their line-up for this years show (which begins September 15th). Check it out below, and check out the site here! In addition to this list, they will likely have a few surprise announcements at the show (Especially with the 25th Anniversary of Final Fantasy coming up next year), so expect a few additions to the list.
- Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP): Playable, Video
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3/X360): Playable, Video
- Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3 (3DS): Playable, Video
- Kingdom Hearts 3D (3DS): Playable, Video
- Itadaki Street Wii (Wii): Playable, Video
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS): Playable, Video
- Deus Ex (PS3/X360): Video
- Dragon Quest Collection (Wii): Video
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (PS3/X360/Win): Video
- Chaos Rings 2 (iOS): Video
Square-Enix’s partner combines also adds the following games in the Square-Enix booth:
- Child of Eden (PS3/X360): Playable
- Driver San Francisco (PS3/X360): Playable
- Assassin’s Creed Revelations (PS3/X360): Playable
- Rage (PS3/X360): Playable
- Cooking Mama 4 (3DS): Playable (in Family Corner)
- Camping Mama + Papa (DS): Playable (in Family Corner)
- Craft Mama (DS): Playable (in Family Corner)
- Baby Sitter Mama (Wii): Playable (in Family Corner)
As information comes out (Note: This is still in development and subject to change) about FFXIV’s upcoming patch 1.19, the newest bit of information has been released: The abolishment of Physical Levels (and the change of Class Rank to Class Level, which is what Final Fantasy XI has), along with the abolishment of Attribute points. Check out the full notes below.
Patch 1.19 will see the abolition of physical levels. Along with this change, the following adjustments will be made:
Abolition of Attribute and Element Points
- Attribute and element points will be abolished, and character development will be automated based on class level. A system whereby players can voluntarily allocate attribute points to each class will be implemented in patch 1.20 or later, along with class balance adjustments.
Introduction of Automated Character Development
Automated character development will be implemented in patch 1.19, and will entail the following changes:
- The growth curve will be revised, with each gain in level to be accompanied by greater increases in attributes.
- Attributes will be made to have greater impact.
- The impact of attributes will decrease as players gain in level; however, the benefits granted by gear will be increased.
- Player accuracy will be increased slightly.
- Race-based differences will be limited to the starting attributes.
Revisions to Terminology
The following in-game terms will be renamed.
- Skill points -> Experience points
- Rank -> Level
Earlier today the English version of the 2011 PAX Trailer for Final Fantasy XIII-2 was made available, and now Square-Enix has added in the Japanese version of the trailer! Enjoy it below.
For images from the trailer and the English version, check here!
This is just a friendly reminder to all attendees of PAX, which is currently going on. The “Word to Your Moogle” event being held by Square-Enix is going on there! They tweeted out for day one that no Challenge OR Master words were completed today. So this is just a reminder to all those there to go do Word to Your Moogle! As a note, these were day one’s words.
The official Word to Your Moogle page can be found here!
Well, in a sense anyways. The official Final Fantasy XIII-2 website was update for PAX, and with it came an updated story section. We already know where one of the first games heroes is: Lightning. Though as-of now, we have yet to see two others… Snow and Sazh! Considering Snow’s personality, and what he went through for Serah in Final Fantasy XIII, you’d think he’d be all over the place by now. It seems though that he is currently nowhere to be found (or in other words, also missing).
Three years after the events in FINAL FANTASY XIII, Lightning has gone missing, and Snow is nowhere to be found. In a rebuilding world, Serah notices that something is amiss. After a fortuitous encounter with a mysterious man named Noel, the two set off to find Lightning.
Only time will tell where the self-proclaimed “hero” has run off to, and why it seems that Serah has his necklace. (Why else would she have two of the engagement pendant Snow gave her?)
In regards to Sazh, I’m sure he’ll appear much like Hope did in the PAX trailer.
You can check out all the changes to the official Final Fantasy XIII-2 site here.